Monday, November 14, 2011

Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival!

This was an amazing weekend that I unfortunately never wanted to put into words. But here are just a few of my pictures from our day at the Duchess County Sheep and Wool Festival!
Leslie's bottom step to her house is a gravestone. It's really cool.

Lee!

On our way!

I thought it'd be rude to have all 50 pictures here in front so....


My favorite! Scottish Highland cows! :D


Sheep auction





Shearing





Babies!

Gorgeous curly wool that was probably good that I didn't buy... So pretty but I don't have a purpose for it.

Pulling fiber off of an ANGORA RABBIT.

CUTENESS










Fleece sale

Bigger than Bunny!

"And quite strange at that!" says Leslie



They had a petting zoo. Which included kangaroos. Don't ask me.

Live shearing


MOAR CUTENESS


And then I learned the difference between llamas and alpacas.



The new additions to my stash!

And to Bunny's

And to Leslies :)

All together now!

Homemade dinner! 

Free live music at the Dream-Away Lodge. They were really awesome actually 

They have a gallery in their handicapped bathroom which they call "the Loo Gallery"  lol

The Dream-Away Lodge - gloriously Bohemian and in the middle of nowhere,  a nice quiet end of Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment