Monday, October 3, 2011

City Adventures September 29- October 3

Every so often I actually do things in the city, and this week I had new experiences!

On September 29 I went to my first ever fashion show, in Boston's West End.

"Wild Flower Dance" involved Ashley Rose Custom Designs and JNG Floral Designs. It was really cool and the live flower headdresses were gorgeous. I wish I could go to a fashion show every week! This show made me realize how possible it would be to make a line of my own. 

(it looked sillier without the stars; this is the best picture but someone's hand was in it!)

It was also a great excuse to get out, and I'm so glad my friend Jess invited me! 

On Monday I traversed the city in search of photo emulsion... made the guy at Blick go up on a ladder to get it for me... But the cool part is I had an AC Moore coupon in my purse from yesterday when I tried to buy photo emulsion and pigment (which they no longer sell, what jerks!) and when I got to the register at blick with my $20 emulsion bottle (D-: so expensive!) I asked if they accept competitors' coupons and they do! I was so happy to get $10 off so I felt justified in buying such a big bottle. So remember: if you get other arts/crafts stores' coupons in your mail or email, most other stores will honor them as well, and can save you a lot of money! It's totally worth a try! 

And on the walk home I was pleased to walk through fallen leaves on the sidewalk - just because it's the city doesn't mean you can't find tiny reminders that it's autumn in New England! 


No comments:

Post a Comment