Thursday, January 17, 2013

Christmas!

I got a temporary holiday position at the mall at one of my favorite stores this season because I wanted to fill up my time with something more productive! What I couldn't have expected was loving working there, going to their holiday party in Boston, and getting 3rd place for their costume contest and leaving with a runner up prize! 

I thought I didn't have anything appropriate for the party in my closet - I guess I was wrong! I pinned up my hair short, wore a cloche and long pearls, fun shoes, gloves, and a real fur to tie it together! 
It was such a fun party! The theme was "Boardwalk Empire"/prohibition era. They had gambling and girls walking around with trays of candy cigarettes. I'm so glad I went! Since then, I've ended up keeping the job after the holiday season, which is great on so many levels.

Also around this time my neighbor commissioned me to make her a scarf for Christmas, and then had her friend commission me for three! Whenever I wasn't working at the mall or at my weaving job, I was trying to cram in those! I barely finished them on time.













And here's the picture I received from the woman who commissioned them from me! I'm glad her family liked them.

No comments:

Post a Comment